Creative Soup's Get Messy! - Lesson One


Welcome to Get Messy! a free class brought to you by Creative Soup. Over the next two weeks, we are going to be learning how to incorporate artsy supplies as well as different artsy techniques into our every day scrapbooking. This class is totally free and available at Creative Soup. Creative Soup offers a free class each quarter, new challenges each Monday, as well as great inspiration throughout the week!

I have had these two boxes for over a year and had always planned on altering them in some way. When K mentioned her class, I immediately thought of these boxes. I have been wanting to try more mixed media techniques and I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to play with some new supplies as well as items that I have been collecting but have never used. I bought two boxes, one for each of my girls. I loved the boxes as they were, and only added some flowers and dew drops to each cover. I inked the edges of each box with Distress ink and stamped the first initial for my daughter's on the binding of each box with Staz-on ink.


Claire's Box



Scarlett's Box


Join me to learn how to make what I am keeping inside! There are several other fabulous projects being featured in this class, something for each scrappy style. You won't want to miss out!

Class Schedule
Monday, May 2nd: Overview
Tuesday, May 3rd: Misting
Wednesday, May 4th: Inking
Thursday, May 5th: Acrylic Paint
Monday, May 9th: Gesso
Tuesday, May 10th: Watercolors
Wednesday, May 11th: Modeling Paste
Thursday, May 12th: Gel Medium
Monday, May 16th: Embossing Powder
Tuesday, May 17th: Markers and Pens
Wednesday, May 18th: Wrap Up

I also wanted to invite you all to join the Creative Soup Team for the Grand Re-Opening Gala May 1st through May 8th.  The festivities include a 4-day crop, live chats, prizes, games and the debut of the May Class Get Messy.  Fun is sure to be had by all to participate and we'd love for you to join us!

Comments