Dogs ATC - SNR Magazine

Supplies:
ATC Base: Ranger
Patterned Paper: Glitz Design
Letters: Glitz Design
Film Strip Ribbon: Tim Holtz
Pen: Sharpie
Other: Crayons, Staples

I created this artist trading card for Scrapbook News and Review Magazine.  The call was cinema and I thought it would be fun to create an ATC inspired by one of my favorite films.  I'm a big Quentin Tarantino fan and I love the movie Reservoir Dogs.  I took inspiration from this movie poster:


I've always wanted to create something with melted crayons.  After playing with both my heat gun and hairdryer, I found that my preferred melting tool was the hairdryer.  The heat gun was too hot and almost instantly turned the crayons into pools of wax, which wasn't the look I was going for.  The Tim Holtz Film Strip Ribbon was the perfect finishing embellishment. 

If you're looking for some mixed media inspiration, pick up a subscription to SNR Magazine and check out the Mixed Media section. Look for the August Calls soon and submit your artwork for a real chance at being published. 

Comments