Gothic Arch Mini Book - Tando Creative / Your Memories Here

Supplies:
Paper: Pink Paislee
Chipboard: Tando Creative
Flowers, Leaves: Prima
Shabby Chic Treasure: Prima
Branches: Petaloo
Paint: Making Memories, Martha Stewart
Weather Crackle Effect: Martha Stewart
Eyelets: Colorbok
Other: Twine

I'm sharing a mini book today that I created with supplies from the Your Memories Here Store and some fabulous pieces of Tando Creative Chipboard.  I wanted to create a mini book that was a little more unique than something store-bought.  I have a love for Gothic arches and thought that the Tando Gothic Arch Layered Frames made a great base for my book.


I used Martha Stewart Crafts Weather Crackle Effect on the chipboard frames.  I layered pink paint, the Weather Crackle Effect, and then a top layer of cream paint.  Once dry, a beautiful two-tone weathered crackle appears.  Unlike some crackle paints on the market, the Martha Stewart product dries smooth and flat, making it a great product to use on mini albums.  Even with the addition of three coats of paint, the Tando chipboard did not lose any integrity and easily supports the floral and resin embellishments.  Once the chipboard frames were dry, I glued pieces of patterned paper from the Pink Paislee London Market Collection to the back of each frame to create my book pages. 


The paper flowers are the Perle Bebe from the Prima Almanac collection.  I love the variety of flower centers and colored petals that come in one package! I was able to create a pretty flower cluster in no time at all.


The Shabby Chic Resin Treasures by Ingvild Bolme are gorgeous!  This pretty lady is from the Allure set, which came in my Prima Grab Bag from the YMH Store.

Thanks for stopping by today! If you haven't stopped by the Your Memories Here Store be sure to check them out.  If you're interested in some Tando Creative Chipboard, be sure to visit their site.  Tando Creative has a Challenge Blog, in addition to their Design Blog, with the opportunity to win a great selection of chipboard each month!

Comments