Through The Doors - Scrap It With A Song / Your Memories Here

Supplies:
Paper: Prima
Collage Sheet: Prima
Paper Tape, Canvas: Prima
Packaging: Prima
Flowers: Prima
Vintage Trinkets: Prima
Rhinestone Flourishes, Flower Centers, Pebbles: Prima
Wood Embellishments: Prima
Lace: Prima
Stamps: Prima
Ink, Distress Stain: Ranger
Mist: Tattered Angels, Clearsnap, Creative Imaginations
Gesso, Gel Medium: Golden
Prima September BAP Sketch: Hege Lundquist
Song Lyrics: Taylor Swift
Other: Twine
 
In the spirit of the"Back to School" season, Scrap It With A Song is playing along to a set of education-themed songs this month. On the playlist this week is "15" by Taylor Swift. My oldest daughter started Kindergarten this year and was a little nervous about going to a big school and making new friends.  I thought that Taylor's lyrics "take a deep breath as you walk through the doors" was a great line to symbolize all the firsts that one has during a lifetime.
 
I used a lot of Prima goodies for this piece that I picked up at the Your Memories Here Store. Some of the papers and embellishments I used are from the new Prima releases from Summer CHA that came in my Prima Grab Bag. The other half of the supplies are leftovers from my Prima Almanac collection.  Winter Grab Bags are still available in the YMH Store if you'd like to refresh the collections you may have purchased from the last release.
 
 
I think these beautiful Bravo flowers are my favorite of the new releases!


This canvas bloom is also new and holds color really well.  I colored this flower with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Sun Sister, Marmalade and Black Rain.


These alpha stamps are part of the new Prima Romance Novel collection.  I love the vintage typewriter key look!


Prima has fabulous packaging, many of which include this colorful banner ready to cut!


After I cut the triangles from the packaging, I added a bit of Distress Ink and gesso to the edges before I glued them to a piece of Prima Lace.

Thanks for stopping by today! If you haven't stopped by the Your Memories Here Store be sure to check them out.  The Prima Grab Bags are a wonderful value so pick one up before they're gone for good!

If you're a Taylor Swift fan, the Rock Chicks would love to see how you interpret this song! Link up your project to the SIWAS Blog by the end of the month for your chance to be named one of our Play List Favorites and a Guest Designer for October! 

Comments

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous Dana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Gorgeous layout Dana! Love your interpretation of the song too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cream flower with rhinestone center just grabbed my heart, Dana!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment