Batty ATC - Tando Creative


Hi! I'm sharing a fun artist trading card for the Free For All theme this week at Tando Creative. I've been reading poetry to my girls and was inspired by a Shel Silverstein poem:

“The baby bat
Screamed out in fright,
'Turn on the dark,
I'm afraid of the light.” 

I had a lot of fun creating this card and was so happy to use this little bat from the Mixed Halloween Grab Bag for something other than a Halloween craft! I covered the bat with a thick coat of black embossing powder and added some red pearls for the eyes. I colored the small lantern with mist and added some glaze for a glossy finish.





Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Supplies: ATC Base: Ranger; Chipboard: Tando Creative; Light Bulb: Tim Holtz;  Pearls: Kaisercraft; Embossing Powder: Creative Inspirations Paint; Mist: Heidi Swapp; Glaze: Sakura Hobby Craft; Coal Gelato: Faber-Castell; Label Tape: Dymo; Other: Staples, Chain; Poem: Shel Silverstein

Comments

  1. I love Shel Silverstein! This is awesome!! LOVING the bat and the bulb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful and the poem made me laugh out loud
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute ATC, Dana. I luv ATC's, and belonged to a group here in SA for almost 8 years, so I have collected quite a haul! I got your card with my stamp set today, and wanted to thank you again. Like you wrote, "your words mean a lot", to me, too! If you ever want to trade some ATC's, let me know. TFS.
    Mindy
    http://mulberrymindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment