Roots - Couture Creations


Hi! I'm sharing a steampunk inspired layout for Couture Creations today. I had a lot of fun creating this page by using my favorite Couture Creations Embossing Folders and Dies and my metallic art mediums.


I used Perfect Pearls so highlight the embossed pattern on my cardstock. I added a coat of metallic embossing powder to the gears in random areas and to the Couture Creations Pearls, which were originally Cafe Creme in color.


The Couture Creations Fleur-De Frame was the perfect frame for my die-cut embellishment. I distressed the frame with the purple side of my Couture Creations Sanding Block. I love the deep scratches that I was able to add for an aged look!


I used the largest square from the Square Nesting Dies to trim my photo, which was originally part of a magazine advertisement. I loved the color palette and the handsome gent from this ad and saved the image for this project.


I embossed two pieces of Core'dinations cardstock with the Uber Embossing Folder. I lightly sanded the cardstock with my Couture Creations Sanding Block and then brushed on several metallic shades of Perfect Pearls.


I used the same process as above on a piece of cardstock that I embossed with the Large Vintage Girl Embossing Folder.


I used a Timeworks stencil to cut gears and a clock face from cardstock. I then used a foam wedge with VersaMark ink to randomly add metallic embossing powders to the pieces for a grungy finish. To add dimension to my page, I used Couture Creations Foam Mounting Tape to raise several of the gears from the page.


The elegant Fleur-De Frame Nesting Die, with the beautiful scroll patterns, was perfect for my vintage page. I used the purple side of my Couture Creations Sanding Block to add deep scratches to the frame for a fantastic scuffed look.


To change the finish of my Couture Creations Pearls from Creme to Copper, I simply pressed my VersaMark ink pad over the pearls, sprinkled on some copper embossing powder, and melted the powder with my heat gun.

Couture Creations Supplies:
CO723257 - Fine Designs Uber Embossing Folder
CO723447 - Elegance Large Vintage Girl Embossing Folder
CO723042 - Square Nesting Dies
CO723050 - Fleur-De Frame Nesting Dies
CO721999 - Self Adhesive Pearls Cafe Creme
CO723060 - Sanding Block
CO721963 - Foam Mounting Tape
CO721986 - Handheld Essentials
CO721955 - Sharp Point Scissors- Nonstick
CO721957 - Cutting Mat

Other Supplies: Cardstock: Core'dinations; Patterned Paper: Graphic 45; Die-Cut: Moxxie; Stickers: 7 Dots Studio; Film Strip Ribbon: Tim Holtz; Timeworks Masks: Tim Holtz; Light Bulb: Tim Holtz; Metal Wings: Tim Holtz; Ink: Ranger; Perfect Pearls: Ranger; Embossing Powder: American Crafts; Paint: Splash of Color; Other: Ribbon

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Comments

  1. I luv your Steampunk card, Dana. I never really understood the "Steampunk" concept, but enjoy the vintage gears, clocks, and keys that are associated with it. I like your "photo" too, the vintage look you gave it with your sanding block is nice.Like I said before, I always learn something new from your posts. TFS
    Mindy

    http://mulberrymindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your LO is amazing, Dana! Love the Steampunk and all of the different techniques and texture. Fabulous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tut....wonderful page :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing!! I love love love love the colors and the gears!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout - love the mix of materials you used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy project! The embossing looks great! So many neat techniques!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment