Faith Is The Bird Canvas - Susan K. Weckesser


Hi! I'm sharing an uplifting bird themed canvas that I created for Susan K. Weckesser today. I had a blast mixing different media and mediums to created this tactile piece.


To build the background, I first covered the canvas with a brightly patterned piece of tissue paper that I then toned down with a light coat of gesso. I added texture with The Crafter's Workshop Beaded Curtain Stencil and some whipped spackle. I sprayed the canvas with Tattered Angels Plain Jane Fresh Orange Mist to add a burst of color and then stamped around the edge of the canvas with a stamp from the Susan K. Weckesser A Little Bit Washi Stamp Set.


I cut a vibrant yellow sun from a piece of Live In Color patterned paper and topped it with a piece of coiled Canvas Corp Orange Hemp Rope. I finished the canvas with colorful flowers and ribbon.

If you'd like to explore the exciting world of mixed media art sign up for the Big Picture Classes Mixed Media Studio Workshop. Artsy all-star Susan K. Weckesser will share an exclusive project, a video of a featured technique and step-by-step instructions to help you complete a project. Plus, you’ll get to interact directly with Susan via a private classroom message board and gallery! Register by October 29th to join the fun!

Thanks for stopping by today!

http://unitystampco.com/shop/a-little-bit-washi/ https://www.etsy.com/listing/84732887/live-in-color-scrapbook-paper-collection?ref=shop_home_active_1

Comments

Post a Comment