Keep Calm and Get Inky Wood Poster - Clearsnap + ARC Crafts


Hi! I'm sharing a fun tutorial for the Clearsnap April Color Challenge today. I'm thrilled to be working with some amazing products from ARC Crafts this month! I love wood grain patterned papers and usually buy at least four pieces when I find a design I like. This BARC wood paper from ARC Crafts is real wood, so in addition to the fabulous natural wood grain pattern, I get the fun texture that comes with real wood!

BARC Wood is a sheer veneer sheet that is actual wood and is available in cherry and white birch sheets, tape rolls and larger rolls, with either a paper or an adhesive backing. The creative minds at ARC crafts encourage printing, stamping, staining and die-cutting their veneers. I thought it would be fun to use my ink jet printer to create a motivational poster for my craft space. Some of my greatest mishaps and craft fails have involved ink, so this piece will serve as a fun reminder to keep calm when I'm creating.


I created a canvas using PicMonkey and selected a transparent background for my lettering. I first printed a test sheet and, happy with the look, printed directly onto a piece of Cherry BARC Wood. I have to admit that I was a bit nervous to run a piece of wood veneer through my printer, but I didn't have any problems!


I then proceeded to get inky! I used Clearsnap Chalk Queues to fill in the letters with rich color. I love working with the Queues because I'm not a color expert. I know that the themed hues with look fantastic together on my finished project.


I wanted to add a touch of glamor to this piece, so I outlined the text with Gold Smooch Glitz. The brush applicator ensures that the glitter goes on smooth.


The shimmer is fantastic and this glitter finish stays in place once dry!


I hope I have inspired you with this project! What would your motivational poster say?

Thanks for stopping by today!

Clearsnap Supplies:
Colorbox Chalk Queues: Silks + Satins, Chocolates + Blueberries, Fiesta
Smooch Glitz: Gold

ARC Crafts Supplies: 8.5x11 Cherry BARC Wood Sheet (Paper Backing)

Comments