Be Awesome Today Canvas - Canvas Corp


Hi! I'm sharing a canvas that I created for Canvas Corp today. The creative crew was challenged to create projects inspired by designers. I put together a colorful outfit with pieces designed by Betsey Johnson and used that for my inspiration for this project. Betsey Johnson is an American fashion designer best known for her feminine and whimsically embellished designs. She is also known for doing a cartwheel at the end of her fashion shows. I love both her colorful designs and her colorful personality. I hope I have captured a small piece of that with this project.


Materials:
1. 5x7 Chunky Stretched Canvas
2. 12x12 White Tissuestock
3. Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist: Bahama Blue, Black Cherry, Black Magic, Fully Purple, Marmalade, Patina, Riptide, Sea Glass, Sun Sisters, Trunk Bay, Turquoise Blue
4. Silver Tacks
5. Natural Jute Cord
6. Artsy Sampler on Kraft
7. 12x12 Embossed Large Floral - Ivory


I love the contrast of the black leather boots and shiny rhinestones in the inspiration piece. I mimicked those design elements by spraying the edge of the canvas with Black Magic Tattered Angels Mist. I then used a hammer to pound in a shiny border of Silver Tacks.


I had misted Tissuestock circles leftover from my Bokeh Kids Canvases project that I used here to create colorful flowers. I used a mix glittered brads and knotted Natural Jute Cord for the flower centers. I applied the flowers to the canvas with hot glue. I cut several leaves from the a piece of 12x12 Ivory Embossed Large Floral specialty paper and brushed on color with a paintbrush and Sun Sisters, Bahama Blue and Lime Twist Tattered Angels Mist. I also attached the leaves to the canvas with hot glue.


I embossed a chipboard butterfly and attached it to the canvas on a piece of coiled wire so that it flies above the flowers.


I finished the piece with a sentiment cut from the Artsy Sampler on Kraft.


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Comments

Post a Comment