Fairy Door Arch - Tando Creative

Fairy Door Arch by Dana Tatar for Tando Creative

Hi! I'm sharing a Fairy Door Arch that I created for the Fairy Door theme this week on the Tando Design Blog. I had such a blast putting this piece together! This fun arch brings a bit of magic into my scrap space! I started with an inner layer from the Arabian-Style Layered Arch Frame.

Paper Bag Bark on Fairy Door Arch by Dana Tatar for Tando Creative

Next, I tore a brown paper bag into strips, crinkled and then twisted the strips, and then glued the strips over the arch. I added some twists and turns while gluing to emulate knots. I then painted the arch with a base coat of opaque medium before painting with Tattered Angels Espresso Bean Glimmer Glam. Once the arch was dry, I highlighted the "bark" with Black Soot Distress Ink and Viva Decor Inka-Gold. I glued a Graphic 45 Ornate Metal Key Hole to the right side of the arch. I topped the key hole with a bright blue butterfly sticker for a pop of color.

Whimsical Woodland Scene on Fairy Door Arch by Dana Tatar for Tando Creative

I created a small whimsical nature scene at the base of the arch with a piece of Grass Flexistrip, a portion of a Leaf Branch with Cut-Out Leaves and a Mini Leaf (Mini Leaves 3). I painted all the chipboard with Ranger Distress Paint. I topped the chipboard with mushroom stickers, pink flowers and a plastic deer. I used a brown marker to color in the deer eyes and to add spots to the back.

Flower Cluster Detail on Fairy Door Arch by Dana Tatar for Tando Creative

I added a small cluster of flowers to the top of the arch using the remaining portion of the Leaf Branch with Cut-Out Leaves as a base.

You can find this chipboard and more in the Tando Creative Retail Store! We'd love to see what you create with this Fairy Door Theme! To be in with a chance of winning some great Tando goodies of your choice, please make a piece based on our weekly themes and link your project, not just your blog, using the inlinkz tool located at the top of the Tando Blog. You don't have to use any Tando product, but, if you do, you will be entered into the draw twice! There are no limits to how many times you enter, however, we do request that you only enter your piece for 5 challenges. We look forward to seeing your creations!

Fairy Door Arch Tutorial by Dana Tatar for Tando Creative

Comments

  1. cute scene Dana, love that Deer and that's a cool idea with the paper bag !!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment