Be Fearless Junk Journal - Clearsnap + Craftwell Blog Hop Featuring Teresa Collins

How to Create a Junk Journal with Stamped and Embossed Papers by Dana Tatar
Ink and stamps provided by Clearsnap. Embossing Folders provided by Craftwell.

Hi! I'm sharing a junk journal I created for Clearsnap today. Teresa Collins has a fantastic line of Wood Mount Stamps and ColorBox Pigment Ink with Clearsnap and a fun series of embossing folders with Craftwell. I created this junk journal by using embossing folders in two different ways; first to emboss cardstock, and second to create my own monoprints with a Gelli plate and ColorBox® Pigment Ink by Teresa Collins. I then combined my embossed papers and monoprints with ephemera and stamped patterned papers to create this funky one-of-a-kind journal to document my fun Summer memories. I'd love to have you stop by the Clearsnap Blog for the full tutorial!

I used the Teresa Collin's Be Fearless Wood Mount Stamp on the cover of this journal for a lot of different reasons, my favorite being that there are no rules when creating a junk journal. You can make junk (or junque) journals out of anything. This is a great way to incorporate found items into your artwork. It is also a great way to recycle paper, envelopes, and actual junk mail.

I've only assembled the journal, but I'm looking forward to adding pictures and journaling. Albums of this type are a bit more stress-free than traditional scrapbooking. I'm looking forward to documenting all the random events of my Summer in a less formal style.

I'd love to see how you fill your junk journal! Leave me a link in the comments section below!

Clearsnap Supplies:
Craftwell Supplies: Teresa Collins Edition Embossing Folders: Twill Herringbone, Snapshots
Other Supplies: Gelli Plate, Cardstock, Patterned Paper, Ephemera, Embellishments, Ribbon, Lace

How to Create a Junk Journal with Stamped and Embossed Papers by Dana Tatar

Comments

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING that lace and the butterfly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beauty, Dana, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment